Opening Doors to Opportunity and Change
Maverick Landing Community Services (MLCS) is a multi-service organization with a primary focus on helping children, youth, and adults to build 21st-century skills.
Our mission is to enhance the lives of the culturally and economically diverse residents of Maverick Landing, East Boston, and surrounding communities by:
- Motivating people to achieve economic, educational, and personal goals
- Linking people to support systems
- Creating leadership opportunities
- Strengthening youth, families, and community
Our vision is to build and nurture a vibrant East Boston community where people love to live and where every person has opportunities to succeed.
In the spring of 2016, MLCS completed a multi-stakeholder strategic planning process where we adopted our new mission--one that moved the organization from a service-centric to a goal and resident-centric orientation. Utilizing existing best practices for multi-service organizations (MSOs), MLCS is currently in the process of aligning all of its programs to this new mission and is working with an evaluation sub-group of our board to measure impact.
At MLCS we place great emphasis on making sure our organizational values are alive in all aspects of our work. How do we do this? We revisit our organizational values at all of our organizational planning sessions which occur at least 4-5 times per year and we work with specific values during weekly team huddles. Our values are also posted publicly and integrated into our work with the Maverick Landing and East Boston community. We developed our values as part of a multi-stakeholder strategic planning process that took place in the spring of 2016. We are committed to ensuring that these values are embedded into the way we think about and implement all of our programs.
- We are a learning organization committed to excellence and growth.
- We are committed advocates for the people who work with us.
- We work as a team because it is an optimal way to operate.
- We create a welcoming environment for everyone—everyone belongs.
- We celebrate victories with staff and community.
- We support collaboration and operate in the best interests of the communities we serve.
Read more about how we accomplish our mission.